Folks, Beastly and I are off to Anchorage for the morning.
I have to deliver a load of finished products to a customer and we need to run by the base commissary and pick up some groceries. As such, I'll be off-line for a while.
1) I fully intend to post regarding gay marriage, as requested, but it'll probably be this weekend.
2) The Phoenix Mars Lander appears to have found ice just below the surface of Mars' North Polar Region. Ice. Actual fucking water ice. And that my friends is just so cool I can hardly contain myself. Water is everything, everything. Sustenance, fuel, working fluid, and universal solvent. If there is ice, and it appears that there is and in sufficient quantities, then there is no reason whatsoever why we can't plant a permanent colony on Mars right now. Why should we go all the way to Mars? Because we can and for no other reason. And yes, you may expect a post on this very subject in the very near future.
Question: Are there topics you'd like to see me talk about? If so, what the hell are they?
Back in a couple of hours.
- Commenting Rules. Read these before you comment. Really. I'm not kidding.
- Sharing material from Stonekettle Station. Read this if you're thinking about reposting, linking, quoting, or just plain stealing material from Stonekettle Station. Seriously, read this before sharing, otherwise I will unleash the badgers.
- Stonekettle Station's Greatest Hits: The good stuff, it's in here!
- Reader Links: Sites recommended by readers, pimp your site today!